Here’s what the experts have to say: M. G. FISHERIES LTD., Grand Manan, NB, Canada
How to Cook a Lobster
- Use salt water if possible, if not add lots of salt to your water.
- You want to steam the lobster not boil it. Boiling will cause the meat to become tough.
- Put about 2″ of water in pot.
- Take the bands off the lobster and place in steaming water.
- Let steam for 20-25 minutes or until the top feeler pulls out with ease.
- Note: Make sure you cut the bands off before steaming, the bands left on will cause the meat to taste like rubber.
Learn more from those who really know: http://www.mgfisheriesltd.ca/index.html